Taxable Payments Annual Report

Taxable Payments Annual Report

Each year some businesses and government entities, such as building and construction, need to report the total payments they make for services on the Taxable payments annual report.

These payments need to be reported to the ATO on the Taxable payments annual report form by 28 August each year.

Payments made to contractors that need to be reported are:

  • For building and construction services
  • Contractors with an Australian business number (ABN).

Contractors can be sole traders (individuals), companies, partnerships or trusts.

Activities and services that are considered to be building and construction are broad. Some examples include architectural work (including drafting and design), certi cation, decorating (including painting), engineering, landscaping and construction, project management and surveying.

The details you need to report for each contractor includes:

  • ABN (where known)
  • Name
  • Address
  • Gross amount paid for the financial year (this is the total amount paid including GST)
  • Total GST included in the gross amount you paid.

You can lodge your Taxable payments annual report:

  • Online using the Business, Tax Agent and BAS Agent Portals or Standard Business Reporting (SBR)
  • By completing the paper form Taxable payments annual report (NAT 74109) and mailing it to the ATO.